Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"late night writing"

it's late and i still can't sleep. but i hope no one out there worries about me not sleeping. it's not like it's a bad thing. i'm awake doing things i like. like showering. today was sprinkled with some moments of quiet relief. and some moments of slight realizations. watching comedy troupe perform makes me miss the creative group process. that's what i live for. this acting in a play is fun and all but there isn't much room for creativity beyond character development. yes, yes, i'm learning a lot about myself, but it's not really my thing. what is my thing? man too many to list... sure, there's the whole quest for love, thirst to learn, an insatiable want to help people, and the rest of the goody-two-shoes in me, but what about the rest of me? the rest of me that doesn't want to be the fireman but wants to be the fire. the rest of me that's trouble. the rest of me that's set to blow out. i'm balancing both and i wooosh woooosh wooooosh!


tonight
as the world settles into
a discolor of darkness
the stars
must have a lot of love to give
but
must really not know
who to
give all their precious
hints of brightness
to

dope song: u2's in a little while it's a very nice listen.