Friday, April 25, 2003

"the color of memory"

so this is what i was thinking on the way home tonight. the blues is something that i enjoy listening to only in specific occasions (not now), but when i'm in the mood for it, i really enjoy it. i suppose it's a strange conditional musical love on my part. not much to say at the moment except that theatre rice is really coming together and tomorrow we're gonna rock it like crazy. has blue always been my favorite color? i remember when i was lil, i called green my favorite to be different but i think i've always pretty much been a blue fan. well, blue-green is fairly swanky. oh, i also made buttons today. neato buttons.

the blues

why can't i sing the blues?

i got blues

blue is the color of my heated heart
the center of a flame
a tirelessly moving light
set to
torch
burn
warm
shine

blue is the ocean, the rivers, and the sky
a universe that i take in every day
in my relentless search to know
this world

blue is the sadness of my people
the sadness of my ancestors
and the sadness of my generation

blue is the tint of my whispers
the touch of my shadow
the tickle of my spine

blue is the color of my memory
blue is the absence of radiance
blue is the oh so subtle hint of moonlight

i'm blue
oh so blue

dope song: weezer's in dreams the last song off the blue album is my absolute favorite one. but it's such a good cd overall. very fun. weezer kept me buzzin' back in the day and now it's all nostalgia music for me.