Thursday, July 15, 2004


 
instruments are so over

"I just got really bored with instruments. I started doing everything with my voice. Then suddenly I didn't want to work with any musicians, which is a bit weird. I only wanted to work with vocalists. I wanted the record to be like muscle, blood, flesh! We could be in a cave somewhere and one person would start singing, and another person would sing a beat and then the next person sing a melody, and you could just kind of be really happy in your cave. It's quite rootsy," she adds, rolling the "r" for emphasis in her native fashion.
 
bjork's medulla: the pleasure is all mine drops in august! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! she's bringing some of her friends too, the roots' RAHZEL, japan's DOKAKA, inuit throat-singer tanya tagaq, mum's valgeir sigurdsson, matmos, and the mighty MIKE PATTON (LO LO LOOOOVAGE!)... 
  
(her song "where is the line" drop kicks me like bumble bees duking it out in coiled ropes of my nervous system...   waaaaaaaaaam!) 
   
 
shiit, since we're on the topic, in two weeks: kid beyond AND felonious' infinite, a pair of the most incredible beatboxers, are gonna be at oakland's vaudeville show extraordinaire "tourettes without regrets." go, go, go - no doubt, this promises to be one of the most insane nights ever.