Friday, June 20, 2003

"dragon dream"

i promised myself i would write a lot more this week but i guess la just dehydrates my creativity.

los angeles traffic makes me dream of flying cars. or, in my wildest dreams, flying dragons. if i had a dragon, i would name it either "herman blume," "herman hesse" ... or "hot wings." if i had a dragon, i would fly to berkeley to say hi to people, and then fly to new york to ride the subway in the early hours of the morning (fuck the bart that closes at midnight!) if anyone tries to jump me, i'll let my dragon go berzerker on punk buttocks. if i had a dragon, i would travel, and sketch, and compose wherever we go. my dragon and i would sing our hearts out all across the world. eventually, scientists, capitalists, and alligator hunters would try to hunt me and my dragon down. we would fly, and fly, and fly so high into the sky, past the clouds, past the stratosphere, and into space. we would die in space but at least we won't die alone.

a song: mars volta's cut the city bloody brilliant.