Sunday, November 24, 2002

"A Night Without Poetry"

The Art Showcase has come and gone. Man, organizing it really took its toll on me. I've been beat all week (with the occasional spur of energy.) Kenny's mom came out to the event. That was cool of her. I wish my mom could have been there too. I'd like her to actually see the results of my hard work (especially since the results aren't showing up in my grades.) Sometimes I wish I didn't live so far from home. And sometimes I wish I could breakdance.

Marques and I hit up the Sun Hong Kong after the event was over. That was real cool. It's been a very long time since we sat down and talked. He's a kid who knows me well. There are only a handful of people who are like that. He's been beside me for the past two years - a moment in my life when I really came into my own. He witnessed it, whether he was conscious of it or not.

I want to practice singing.

And writing philosophical booty music.

This is so weird. I just caught Jerry reading my blog. He has to read my blog to know what I'm thinking? He can't just ask me? I think Jerry's shy around me, that's all.