Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Sooner or later, I'm going to have no room to breathe and there'll be a slithering battalion of homework, midterms, Theatre Rice rehearsals, and APASD meetings just dying to meet me. It's going to happen, I know it. But I'll be prepared this time. I'm going to go to the library tomorrow night to catch up on reading. No more playtime for Bruce. Well, not until the weekend, at least. No. Stop. Stop thinking of fun, Bruce. Bad! Da! Da!

Yesterday's June Jordan memorial reaffirmed one thing again (that I always seem to forget): we are the ones we've been waiting for. She used poetry to gather, save, and change people, including herself. She didn't wait for things to happen. She straight up wrote it and spoke.

I try to live life without regrets, but, well, I felt a slight Regret today and a slight sigh snuck out.

"What happens to a dream when no one dream anymore?"
"They become ghosts."