Tuesday, September 10, 2002

I think I really do need a mentor. I feel lost right now in this whole architecture-cognitive science thing. I have too many ideas in my head and I can't express all of them. I have too many visions and not enough time or method. I don't need one mentor. I need ten of them. Someone who knows architecture and design. Someone who understands people. Someone who's an artist. Someone who dares to push the limits. Someone who is an educator. Someone who is a philosopher. Someone who knows digital design. Someone who's an anthropologist. Someone who's in Ethnic Studies. Someone who has failed.

I think I've been waiting for them to find me. I need to go out and find them. I never want to teach more than I can learn.

I have to go to Brazil. Decarlo told me about it today. I think I really am a lot like Tallulah. But not too.

What was my master plan again? Last year, it was "save the whole f*cking world."

I'm revising it: "change the world."

It can be a crowd or a single person.