Thursday, January 09, 2003

"let's catch up"

i don't follow new year's resolutions. too limiting and ordered. i say, just go with the flow, trite, i admit, but that's how i feel. continue to push what i believe. do what i love. if i don't know what i love, just keep on doing what feels right until i do.

mom is out of town so i have the house to myself. i'm sharing it with my brother Jeremy and ol'An. it's a nice little living arragement. we all just be lazy together.

dope ass people are coming to LA this weekend: jimmy, sara, brian, kathy, amorette, and more. i really hope this TJ adventure works. i like adventures. if it doesn't work out, we'll just make other adventures.

i haven't been feeling myself lately. let me feel raging and quiet and bouncy and passionate and stretching and stammering and wild and dorky again. no. better yet. let me feel ready. let me feel ready even though i don't know what it is that i can do. feeling mellow is cool and all but the emo music is starting to bore me. let's rock out and throw out our break dance stances.

i read an interview with Spike Jonze today. he directed "Being John Malkovich." he seems really freaking cool. awkward and shy but hiding all these little secrets.

no poem from me tonight... ol' Bao Phi is the man and i'll let him speak instead

"can I afford
to deserve you?

Isn't it true
that the one thing history is afraid
of teaching all of us
is that no man
has ever deserved a woman?
Isn't it true
that men have only been lucky
or allowed?

And when it snows on the railroad tracks
under Chicago Avenue
when it snows on top of the parked car
above an alleycat whose globed pupils gleam green
from the headlights of a passing car
when it snows on top
of my neighbor's rusted barbeque grill
the brand name long faded off

and when it snows here
when it snows here
when it snows here
to teach us all
that no one
is above a blanket

won't I have your warm hand
and won't it be enough?"
- Bao Phi from "Ghetto Woo"