Friday, December 06, 2002

"let's walk home"

bancroft avenue
one way exit
flows just beside my home
(the beautiful ugly architecture building)
slips downhill past the empty bus stops
smooths gently on down
with me
caught in a stream
i depart
on walks alone
in the wee hours of the morning
sometimes i rush when i'm afraid of the night
but sometimes
i dare the night
i dare it by stopping and spinning in the middle of the street
i dare it to jump me to run me over to wisk me away
i dare it to keep me moving
because i want to stop
the sky cries purple behind the clouds
i find a nice spot on the curb to sit
watch the homeless in search for sleep
and wish i knew
which way to go
sometimes i wonder how i can go back
how i can find my way home
but i can't go back
i can't
i'm on a one way street
i drift on down bancroft avenue
one way exit
i don't want to lose anything to the wind
but you're going pretty soon